Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Sunday, August 28, 2005

Just keep swimming...


Just wanted to offer a giant shout-out to my dear friend Jaime for lending me her frog-shaped swimming pool this summer. After reading Jeffrey Simpson, it is the best way to cool off. Simpson had a scathing column on Lord Black of Crossharbour and David Radler on Saturday. While Simpson can get preachy at times, his tone can be tough but not petty. He notes how Black and Radler did not make a lot of friends in the media community. It will also be interesting to see if Radler does rat out Black as Simpson seems to imply.
The events leading to this debacle far surpass my mere seven months on this planet, thus it will be crucial for me to quickly read Black's auto-bio "A Life in Progress" and Richard Siklos "Shades of Black," which do well to document the dynamic duo's rise up Canada's corporate ladder and offer some interesting insights as they tumble down. (Could it be true that the Winter/Barlow tandem were right all along?) Until that time arrives, who can argue with Bébé Caillou?
In the meantime, I love the pool. It's funny why Papa keeps taking me out when my lips turn blue.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home