Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Sunday, March 30, 2008

They did what with the snow

Seldom does a snow day go by without papa's annoying refrain ringing in my ears, "Don't eat the snow." It seems that I could be playing at the beach in the middle of summer and papa would be warning me not to eat the snow. So you can imagine my total bewilderment this weekend when we ventured off to King's Landing. I could try and explain what this place is all about, but I'm still trying to come to grips with this snow thing.
So we finish eating breakfast with our friends and we start walking outside, when I smell smoke. But there are no fire detectors blasting and nobody seems all that concerned. So I figure, when I Rome, do as the Romans. Izzie starts freaking out, again hardly an uncommon phenomenon, but that is when it struck me; people were eating snow. Not just a few people sneaking a bite, but lined up for it. Quietly I thought to myself, let's all watch papa as his head explodes. But it didn't and you wouldn't believe what these insane people were doing. Not only were they dressed as if they just stepped off the set of some CBC mini-series, they were dipping maple syrup on snow, putting it over a fire and then serving it on a popsicle stick. Izzie and I both thought they sad folk should be sat down to one of papa's lectures, but heck, we were in Rome. So we ate maple syrupy snow on sticks. How weird is that?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home