Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Playing with Papa's mind

So it's 4:30 a.m. and I have two new teeth keeping me up, a seven-month-old set of lungs that I really want to test out and a tremendous urge to laugh. So what do I do? Wake up Maman and Papa for the sheer amusement factor, of course. Maman stumbles in and we chat for a half-hour or so until she dispatches Papa to the scene.
Now it's time for some fun. I offer up a few giggles, bat my eye-lashes a couple of times, blow a bunch of raspberries and now it's time for a full-fledged play date. Unfortunately, Papa is having none of it. So I get stuck rocking in the chair, playing with Lumpy and listening to the torrential rain storm outside. This proved rather boring so eventually I made it back in my bed where I did somersaults, full-belly laughs and baby gymnastics. I love early morning aerobics.
At about 6 a.m., Papa waved the white flag. Victory! Maman came back in looking rather refreshed so I knew this would be no fun. So I went to sleep. The best part was when I could hear Papa groan when he saw Maman come back to bed. Oh how great it is to be a baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home