Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Friday, February 23, 2007

That was fun

On Wednesday, I decided that it was time to bring my fun and games to a whole new level. There were many options on the table, I could continue riding the dog, I could pull Gribouille's tail, I could chase Toulouse back onto the book shelf, I could climb into Izzie's crib or I could fake an illness and get rushed to the hospital. So I opted for the later. This was a well-crafted plan, anyone remember Ferris Bueller's Day Off (well I don't but I'm told he could learn something from me)? This commenced a few days ago when I started talking like I had been smoking a pack of cigarettes a day for the last decade. On Tuesday, I made sure my temperature started rising and by Wednesday morning, I had my temperature register 104 degrees. For good measure, I began acting extremely cranky, developed a racing heartbeat and started coughing a lot. This started to work, I got a free bath in the morning out of it, although maman made the water a bit too cold.
Within an hour, we successfully made it to stage two: a trip to the hospital! With doctors and nurses rushing around, a flurry of loud speaker announcements and a shortage of beds, I had to ratchet my game up a notch. I stopped talking and started acting really lethargic. Everyone bought it. I mean, me, not talk? Or move? Do people really think that is possible? After a few hours, papa arrived and he really took pity on me. He's such a sucker.
Sadly, my little escapade resulted in my fingers getting pricked twice for blood tests. We had two nice doctors and the one with an Aussie accent let me stay overnight in the pediatric wing! He said I had RSV or Respiratory syncytial virus. But for me, RSV stood for Really Sweet Vacation. I got to stay in a big crib, in a big room and had nice nurses come every 90 minutes throughout the night to take my temperature and put a really neat device on my finger that measured my oxygen saturation. It totally looked like something papa would wear running. And when I woke up, all the nurses and doctors were telling me how cute I was and let me watch cartoons. When maman and Izzie arrived, we all got to hang out in the room together before the doctor told me I had to go home. I guess I couldn't fool him into extending my RSV.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home