Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Monday, July 14, 2008

Into another world

It doesn’t take much for me to become lost in my surroundings. Leave me for a moment around water and soon you'll find that I’ve already transported myself into a dreamland with princesses and talking Heffalumps. Saturday was no different, in fact it offered just the perfect opportunity to disappear into my own little world. With the wind quietly rustling around the edges of the St. John River and the sun soaking every living creature with its warm summer blanket, I went for a stroll with papa along a small, rocky patch near the river that was just wide enough for us to gain our balance and stay dry. It was only a second before my sandals were off and I was ankle deep in the cool, blue river water. I’m quite positive my little adventure didn’t last for more than a moment, but it was long enough for papa and I to be whisked away by giant mermaid who brought us to her underwater castle for a feast of peanut butter sandwiches, cookies and apple juice. We were the guests of honour to an amazing concert featuring an underwater orchestra with a memorable cast of creatures. I can still remember the trio of turtles losing me in the rhythms of their tambourines and the starfish mezmerizing us with their fantastic flutes. It was at that point when I heard Izzie calling us from the cliff above. For the rest of the day, each time the wind whipped around us, blowing my hair into my face, it was as if those terrific turtles were trying to say goodbye one last time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home