Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Saturday, September 03, 2005

Blogging from Bouctouche


We have arrived in Bouctouche. For the next two days, however, even this scenic corner of the province has been swept up in Rolling Stones fever. Mick-ton has replaced Le Pays de la Sagouine.
So I'm keeping it real here at Grand-papa et Grand-maman's place, dodging swarms of bees and mosquitoes. I must say it is a near replica of my Fredericton digs. Comfy crib, high-chair at Belle's head level and around-the-clock adult attention. One well-placed hiccup or a short heart-wrenching sob and platoons of parents are ready to storm the bastille.
For a baby the entire concept of a road trip is quite perplexing. I must spend more than two hours in a car facing the back seat. Hardly a breathtaking view. I'm in a new spot, I barely have found the best place to throw my soother and I have a hundred pairs of hands trying to hug me. Now don't get me wrong I love to cuddle (and I know I'm popular) but really there is a limit to how often I can conjure up cute conversations and saccarine smiles. Sometimes a baby would like to spit up in a less public forum.
But Bouctouche it is and I get to exchange the frog-shaped pool for a real pool full of pool noodles, floatation devices and colourful plastic poisson. Can a baby's life get any better?
Blogging from Bouctouche may be sporadic, especially if the sun continues to shine.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home