Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Apple in Belle's eye


The wonderful part of having a dog is you always know that she will be under your chair when you eat. The annoying part of having a dog is you always know that she will be under your chair when you eat. Maman finally relented and gave me the entire apple to eat instead of cutting it into little baby pieces. A sweet victory for a 14-month-old, but would Belle let me savour this triumph alone? No, of course she has her snout parked right under my elbow just in case I dropped my apple. Even more scandalous was the time she thought I would give her a piece of my strawberry. Does she not understand that this is one of my favourite types of fruit. I'm starting to get quite a taste for these little red gems, like I'm going to share them with a golden retriever. If she wasn't so cute, I'd consider getting Gribouille to sit on her during dinner time.
But as papa keeps reminding me for every piece of chicken (or apple) that she sneaks away from now, will be made up for in a few years when she starts eating my unwanted morsels under the table without anyone knowing. I love my dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home