Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Hanging with Maman


Each morning I climb up onto my Dora step, gaze out the window and imagine what all my little friends are doing outside. Some people play around the telephone pole on our lawn as they wait for the bus, others hang out with their parents. This is my wonderful maman and I, she and I do everything together. And I might add that she just started a new job. I’m so proud of her. We were going to have a few months this summer to hang out and go for long walks or visit grand-maman and grand-papa in Bouctouche before my new brother or sister came along. Although we will miss those opportunities, there is a very silver lining. This new job means more gifts for the kids. I hear talk of jogger strollers, minivans and new hardwood floors are on the horizon. Word is that papa has checked his bank account more in the last eight days than he has in the previous eight months. Poor papa, sometimes he just doesn’t learn, the girls run the house. Maman and I have been chillin’ together a lot lately. It’s pretty cool now that we can go for walks and we’re both on two legs, I never could have imagined how liberating that can be. Anyway, Belle has just informed me that the bathroom door is open and we are going to go and play in tissue paper!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home