Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Smile, I am


From time to time, I come across some old curmudgeon who refuses crack a smile regardless of my tactics. How can life be that sad? I'm not that old. I'll be turning 15 months in less than a week and already I have no problem accepting the fact that smiles just make life easier to deal with. Belle has the funniest and floppiest ears around, they send me into hysterics. She is so predictable. Each morning, she jumps on maman and papa's bed until breakfast and once she gets back in from outside she scampers to my chair just in case I drop some food. Once I get out of my bath in the evening, she knows it's dinner time. She follows me wherever I go and has such a warm and loving doggie personality. How can you not smile at such a wonderful golden retriever? And the cats, they are so annoying that they are funny. Gribouille lets me walk on him, pull his tail and claw at his mouth. Toulouse, on the other hand, doesn't stay around me that often but he keeps the house light, by his constant meowing. How can you avoid smiling at these four-legged friends?

Now that I am starting to walk, the whole family is helping and inspiring me to go further. Belle lets me use her as a walking wall so I don't fall. Toulouse makes sure everyone knows where I am by "talking" constantly. And well, Gribouille he offers moral support from his bed. Maman and papa are so proud of me. Each time I take a step they are laughing and supporting me. Smiling just comes naturally to me. I love how when I smile others imitate me. I'm not a completely self-absorbed soul, but why wouldn't I smile 24/7? Even when I'm sad or sick, it doesn't take long before someone says something, offers a peek-a-boo or makes a funny face and I forget about my previous predicament. So go ahead, smile, I dare you.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home