Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas morning

To say the last eight hours have been overwhelming would be an understatement -- not just for me but for maman and papa as well. I awoke at my normal time, had my regular bottle and then was wisked into the livingroom where toys seemed to befalling from the sky. Once one was unwrapped another appeared.
We took a 20-minute breakfast break to give my fingers and seven teeth a chance to rest and recharge. And then it was back to unwrapping.
The gift wrap came in myriad colours. Inside these tape enclosed works of art were things to ride on, things to listen to and, of course, things to put in my mouth. Maman and papa did not admonish me once for eating a toy, they just offered me another. Now I understand why the build up to this day lasted three months.
The funniest part, it is still not done. Shortly after our eight-person brunch I went to sleep. Now we are two hours away from a major dinner. And, perhaps presents to be unwrapped.
This day continues to evolve.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home