Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Friday, January 06, 2006

The new year is upon us

Wow this whole 2006 thing sure snuck up on me. I had always been under the impression that a year was 365 days, my 2005 only had 347 days. I'm clearly feeling like I ran out of time to fulfill all my goals for last year. That said, I'm not one who dwells on the past and I have high aspirations for 2006. For one, I'm thankful that starting in 2006, that oft-repeated phrase which drives me nuts will cease: "It's Elle's first (fill in the blank)." Yes, it takes a brain surgeon to realize that 2005 marked my first Christmas, Valentine's Day, Halloween, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Winter Solstice, second Tuesday of October, etc. As a highly advanced baby, I'm ready to spread my wings a bit.
After pouring through newspapers and magazines over the Christmas break I realized society's penchant for lists. So I figured the blog should be no different. So I polled Maman, Papa and the Animals on when they predict I'm going to hit four key developmental milestones. And here they are:
What day will Elle walk:
Maman: Before the end of January
Papa: Valentine’s Day
Animals: I don't know but if she pulls my tail one more time, the parents are going to regret their decision not to declaw me. (Gribouille)

What day will Elle say Belle for the first time:
Maman: Sooner than saying Maman and Papa.
Papa: By Papa’s birthday.
Animals: As long as Elle can learn how to get Belle off of me, then I say, earlier the better. (Toulouse)

What day will Elle say Maman or Papa and actually means it:
Maman: I think she means Maman all the time. ;-)
Papa: Before the end of February
Animals: That's a mystery, but as long as it doesn't come with any new desire to pull tails, tug on ears or interrupt afternoon naps. (Unanimous)

Most anticipated Elle event for 2006:
Maman: Her first birthday
Papa: Ditto
Animals: The day she learns how to rub my belly and scratch me behind the ears. Will that happen really soon, oh please, let it happen soon. (Belle)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home