Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Hoppy Easter everyone!


You're two favourite Easter Bunnies want to wish you all a Hoppy Easter! Get it bunnies hop, anyway, that kind of humour works on me. Belle and I are like the cape crusaders of collecting coloured eggs. Belle with her ability to sniff out missing eggs and my ability to put anything in my mouth, we make an outstanding duo. One day, perhaps, people will write poems or folk songs about us.
Maman and papa decided to take a trip to Bouctouche this weekend for Easter. There wasn't much going on in Fredericton (as if that is different from any other weekend, but I digress), so we went to grand-maman and grand-papa's place on Friday, even though they weren't there. We had three beautiful days in Bouctouche. Belle and I had a ton of fun playing in the backyard and chasing tennis balls. Belle, however, liked running after the balls that papa threw better because they went much further than when maman or I tossed them. I had the sniffles and an on-again, off-again fever, so I couldn't go and see memere with maman, but I'll get to see her next time we're in Bouctouche.
The best part about heading to Bouctouche is that we get to visit and be visited by all my friends. Our first stop was to see Chloe. She has a pretty new playroom and she let me play on her slide, now papa has committed to getting me one (see I told you going for play dates in Bouctouche can be lucrative). Ma tante Carole came to visit on Friday and on Saturday night marraine and mon oncle Steven popped in to see me. As you can see I'm a very popular little girl.
When I woke up on Sunday morning it was as if it was Christmas all over again. I was pretty small last year on Easter, so I'm not sure what we did. This year, as soon as I opened my eyes I saw a little Lumpy on my changing table. He was hiding in his own little egg, he likes to play peek-a-boo with me. And when I went for breakfast another Lumpy was sitting in my high chair. Now how cool is that, two new purple elephants before 7 a.m. I also got a new Caillou book and a Winnie the Pooh DVD, I'm a pretty lucky baby.

The best part of the entire weekend was when we got to visit parrain and ma tante Joanne for supper. This time they were a bit more prepared for my visit, they hid the cat food from my view. As it turns out, the Easter Bunny hopped to their house too and left some presents for me. I got a big floppy bunny, this new chair that I can lounge around grand-papa's pool all summer in and even more chocolate. To say that I was a pretty happy little kid would be a colossal understatement.
All evening I got to chase after Joanne’s two cats, both of whom are very different than Gribouille and Toulouse. One cat is black and he’s really hyper. The other cat, now he’s an odd personality. He doesn’t like to move a lot, so in that regard he is like Gribouille, but he has really long hair and a smooshed in face. I wonder if that was painful? I hope not because he seemed like a nice cat, even though he didn’t seem to appreciate me pulling his tail.
After supper, papa was falling asleep so we had to leave. Although maman and I had a chance to catch some Zzzz in the car on the way back to Fredericton, papa had to drive, so we felt sorry for him.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home