Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Friday, July 28, 2006

A tale of birthdays, dogs, wood and the Rock

Papa is away and Grand-maman's birthday is coming up!
What a surprise I got Monday when I came back from playing with Bella!
My grand-papa and grand-maman are in town. (I think they are moving in
and this makes maman happy because her house is all clean and she does
not have to make supper. It also makes me happy because then papa is not making chicken and pasta every night.)
I always get extra special attention when grand-papa and grand-maman are in town. I love it. Grand-papa is really funny and teaches me new
tricks that make maman cringe. It is really funny. He also protects me
from Belle who tends to follow me around a lot these days. I think it
has something to do with the fact that I am usually carrying an apple or
other food. I know she thinks she is being a good dog by following me
so closely but really, she does get annoying at times. But do not
despair, I get my revenge.
Papa decided to go and visit the Rock. He tells us it is really foggy,
boring and that he misses us but I think he is still having a fun time.
Where was I? Yes, papa is away and Belle keeps following me around like
she is a dog. That is why I thought it would be really cool if I hit her
on the head with a piece of wood. Unfortunately, maman took the piece
of wood away and told me I could never do that again. And Belle did not
seem to learn her lesson and has kept on following me around the house.
She will never learn
Now the important news, it is grand-maman's birthday Saturday. I hear
(adults never really confirm these things with kids) we might go for
breakfast. I love breakfast, although it will not be the same without
papa. Maman has let me talk to him a couple of times on the telephone
while he is away but I don't really know what to say to him. It's not
like he can actually see the book I'm reading. And let's be honest,
what's the fun in reading a book when you can't see the pictures?
Well I hope everybody joins me in wishing grand-maman a very happy
birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home