Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Monday, October 16, 2006

Parrain pops in for a visit

On Friday night I was just preparing myself for an otherwise normal weekend when suddenly there was a knock at the door. Moments later the door flew open and Belle was sent into a puppy panic attack. Her tail started wagging, she started barking as she slid across the floor to try and get a glimpse of who was walking in the door. Lo and behold, it was parrain and ma tante Joanne. Belle tried every conceivable means to hope over the gate to get down and great them with a big sloppy kiss.

Unfortunately, I was sent to bed shortly after they arrived and Belle ended up in a time out to relax a tad. But when I woke up on Saturday, maman, papa, parrain, Izzie and I all went to the market for breakfast. What says Saturday morning better than a raspberry-banana juice from the Boyce Farmers Market and a free puppet show? The only thing missing was a samosa and I blame the inept management at the market for that.
Later in the morning maman and Izzie went to sleep, so papa, parrain and I went to the big pumpkin place to see all the farm animals. Although I must say they are lacking cows, which I think is a tragedy.

Before we picked out more pumpkins and gourds, parrain took me to pet the horses, emus and goats. It must be a sad feeling to be a goat. I'm about as tall as a goat and the one I saw at the farm had funny looking horns on his head and a dreadful, '80s metal-head type beard. I told papa that if there was ever a farm animal that needed a fashion intervention, it was that goat. For his own safety, I asked papa not to post any pictures of him.
The remainder of the weekend, we spent playing outside and eating big meals. I love when visitors come over, I always get spoiled. Frankly, I don't get spoiled enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home