Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Tis the season for early presents

One day I'll understand this weird obsession that maman and grand-maman have with such a long lead up to Christmas celebrations. Seriously, if grand-maman had her way it would span the entire third quarter of the fiscal year and come to think of it, I think it just might this season.

A clear advantage, however, is that Christmas presents start making their way into the house very early. Take for instance, this Dora the Explorer chair. It apparently will be wrapped up and under the Christmas tree around Dec. 25. And yet, here I am on Oct. 26 kicking back and relaxing.

I'm not overly concerned about this trend of early Christmas presents, though. As long as the gift disappears soon, Izzie and I will completely forget it exists and it will be a huge surprise on Christmas morning. Being young and having a short memory definitely has its perks. I essentially get double the Christmas presents. I love being a kid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home