Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Saturday, August 11, 2007

So what exactly do you do with cake

For weeks leading up to my birthday I kept hearing this chatter in the background about chocolate cake. Until that time, my only experience with cake was when Elle was having a tea party in our playroom and she offered me cake and coffee from Second Cup. Here I thought her pony tail was a bit too tight, so I just accepted the faux culinary gifts and played along. Seriously, who am I to question her? So on my party day, I was greeting all these visitors and, again, I kept hearing people talk about whether I was going to have chocolate cake. My interest was piqued at this point. What possibly could elicit this much interest? Was I walking into an elaborate birthday party ambush with chocolate cake? So when maman appeared signing a song with a flaming candle stuck in a piece of what I could only guess was chocolate cake, one could assume I was a tad bewildered.
But it didn't take long before I decided if I was ever going to fully appreciate chocolate cake I really had to get my hands dirty. Once that proved a success, I decided to get my arms dirty. And then my face dirty. And then, for fun, my hair dirty. Standing in a state of shock and awe were my beloved parents, grandparents and assembled friends. It's like they had never truly enjoyed the experience of chocolate cake. I'm now fully in support of chocolate cake for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sadly after my first experience with this divine treat, it has mysteriously disappeared from our nightly menu. That is such a pity, we had such promise together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home