Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Monday, July 16, 2007

On the phone with grandmaman

Our house is packed full of routines. Papa runs the same routes all the time, Izzie wakes up at the same time every morning and maman calls grandmaman every morning. When I was Izzie's age, maman would hold up the receiver to my ear and I'd do my best to vocalize my thoughts at the time. Normally, it wasn't more complex than stringing together a few vowels. We've had two winters since those old days and now she and I have full-fledged conversations about complex subjects such as what songs I've been singing or what Izzie and I did the day before at Bella's house. I'm sure as I get older, likely when I turn 16, I'll discover many other benefits of the telephone

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home