Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Loving life

There are very few days in my life where things careen off in directions that I would prefer to avoid, and those situations typically revolve around trips to the hospital, Lumpy getting dirty or Izzie pulling my hair. So by and large, I’m extremely content two-year-old little girl. And then there are days where my surroundings are so completely alive that it’s almost a case of sensory overload. Sunday was a prime example. I admit, I wasn’t in the best of moods to start the day, my fever was up and I just felt like I had been run over by my Princess tea cart. My entire day changed when we went to Le Vieux Presbytère. All my friends were there to celebrate the baptisms of Olivier, Jérémie and Véronique. Not only did I get to see parrain, marrain, mes tantes Joanne, Carole, Nadine and Lise, but Zoé, Chloé, Julien and Valerie were all there too. Although getting to play with them was fun, nothing could quite compare to playing outside by the ocean.
There is just something truly special about the ocean on a sunny day. It is likely the smell that the salt water ushers in coupled with the unique birds and plants that are always nearby. When the wind blows through my hair, I get that tingly feeling (and no maman, it isn’t just because papa forgot to put on my jacket). There are few words to describe the excitement that I had getting to pick flowers, chase birds, run up and down hills and dance in the tall grass. Sometimes I think it is a shame that every day can’t be this much fun. That isn't to sound at all sad, instead it's uplifting to know that every so often we can jump out of the van and endulge in such special surroundings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home