Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Monday, May 28, 2007

Backyard swim class

Every Sunday afternoon, maman or papa and I jump to the van and head to the pool for swim class. This Saturday, however, everything changed. I woke up from my nap and a mushroom-shaped pool was waiting for me, full of water. And then my new friend Olivia came over to visit and we had our very first pool party. It was such a glorious afternoon, the sun was shining and the wind did its best to let us have some fun before it swept in. Among the many highlights, Elle was still sleeping, so I could enjoy it all by myself.
I didn't realize how complicated the process was to have a pool party. First, maman has to find the sun screen, which is never in the right place when you need it. And then when you do locate it, the spray-thingy is missing. With that out of the way, the cream is nice and cool when it goes on. Sadly, however, maman never lets you eat it. She says it's like the sand in our box that we're not supposed to eat either. Don't tell her, but I do anyway. Once it's nicely spread all over my arms, I got to jump into the pool with my hat and everything. I could slash the water with my hands. Kick at it with my feet. And when I was bored, I could just start talking and get everyone to pay attention to me. It's pretty difficult to find anything to complain about when it's time to play in the pool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home