Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Let us eat cake!

Marie-Antoinette once opined that her French countrymen should be allowed to eat cake. Now I'm not going to dwell on historical accuracy, mainly because I'm told that her story didn't end all that well. However, I like the idea of eating cake. So grandpapa and I took up that very task on Saturday night at his retirement party. Now many people seemed to have thought that grandpapa had been retired for quite some time and so it did come as quite a shock to papa and I that he indeed was just now officially retiring. But I don't get bogged down in details when cake is at risk. It was lots of fun to see so many people wishing grandpapa a happy retirement, although they did eat more of my cake than I would have preferred. Did I mention that it was chocolate cake with a lot of icing on top? It's grandpapa and my favourite type of cake in the whole world. There is nothing more enjoyable than running your hands through the soft, white icing and eating it or just spreading it absolutely everywhere from the table to my face or to my little sister's face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home