Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My new sandbox


For about a week there was this large brown container on our back porch and I could never quite figure out what it's purpose was, although I had a suspicion it was for me. It seems quite a lot of things have shown up recently with my name on it. But on Saturday, I woke up from my nap and all of a sudden there was a sandbox ready for me to play in. This was so exciting. I must admit, at first I wasn't quite sure what to do. I had two shovels, a big one and a small one. Immediately this conjured up similarities to my Lumpy situation, I have big Lumpies and small Lumpies. When it comes to purple elephants, I general prefer the small ones. However, I had to decide whether the same would hold true for shovels. The big shovel was much heavier but I could move more sand. The little shovel was far more accessible for my little hands but it didn't give me the same degree of sand-transferring satisfaction.

Maman and papa didn't want me playing in the sandbox too long. And it seemed once I started to enjoy myself, they began encouraging me to hop out. I can tell you that I had a few choice words to describe my lack of enthusiasm for that plan. It is so unfair that I had to get out of my new sandbox. All I needed was my frog pool and a nice cold sippy-cup of apple juice and my afternoon would have been absolutely perfect.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home