Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Princess in her Castle


Papa finally caved in and I bought me a castle! I had played on similar slides when I visited Chloe or Bella but whenever I arrived home the only thing I could slide on was the dog and she tends to move after the first attempt. I knew something was up when we were walking through Wal-Mart on Saturday afternoon (Papa hates going to Wal-Mart0 and we stopped and gawked at the slide in its box. But then suddenly and somewhat tragically we left and my heart sank. How could they tease me like that? Are there no laws forbidding such behaviour? An hour later, however, I was playing in my sandbox and all of a sudden papa was walking up the stairs to the back deck with a big box with a slide inside.

I waited as patiently as a baby can while maman and papa finally set it up. Once it was fully constructed, I must have run up and down the slide about 500 times and if you think I'm exaggerating, you should come by and watch me. You can test your luck by climbing up the slippery part of the slide (although you should consider wearing your sneakers because if you step on your pants you will likely slip down) or you can walk up the cool green steps on the other side. Once you get on top, you can stand a laugh at people, play with the wheel as if the castle is actually a ship or you can go for a slide.

We've set up the slide in what is poised to become my new playroom. Papa has graciously given up his office so my new brother/sister and I can have a big place to play. And before he had a chance to rescind his offer to pack up his former office, maman and I went to Kent and picked up paint. Not only are we changing the pale, yucky yellow, we're going to add some zip to the walls. We've got a bright red, yellow and blue for the walls and we have a funky green to paint accessories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home