Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Monday, May 01, 2006

Weekend visit to Bouctouche


Ok, so this picture wasn't taken this weekend in Bouctouche. It was from last weekend, but it is showing off the new chair that grand-maman and grand-papa got for me in Florida. Pretty cool 'eh.
I had such a blast visiting Bouctouche on Saturday and Sunday. It was the first time the whole family had a chance to be in Bouctouche for far too long. I had a chance to play with grand-maman and grand-papa and of course they spoiled me. Why can't I have grandparents around more often? They are far more generous than my parents. In Bouctouche, we played outside with Belle and grand-papa showed me the new gate he built around the pool. I'm a pretty lucky baby, now I get to play all summer on the deck and no one, including me, will be freaked out about me falling into the pool.
So I started to think this weekend about how cool my maman is, it's not like I've just discovered it but I don't think I tell her enough. I admit over the past few weeks I have felt sick and that's meant I've kept maman and papa awake. That said, I've compiled a quick five-point list on why maman is the coolest maman on the planet.
5: She tells papa his jokes suck when I don't have the heart to do it myself.
4: She knows that I need something before I know I need it myself.
3: She knows how to put little pigtails in my hair.
2: Unlike papa, she can change me quickly and not stretch my neck like a giraffe every time she takes off one of my shirts.
1: Well, for about 15 months she was my sole source of life and since that time she's helped me develop into my own little, (increasingly) independent person.

Je t'aime maman!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home