Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Friday, October 12, 2007

Hanging out with my little sister

Little sisters can be so difficult to live with sometimes. Let’s use Izzie for example, she has an annoying tendency to pull hair, to distract maman and papa’s attention away from me, to curtail my cartoon watching and she always seems to need a nap when I want to play. To be completely honest, there have been times where I questioned whether we actually needed a little sister and whether we could have traded her in for some play-doh or perhaps a lifetime supply of chocolate milk. Recently, things are starting to turn around. The temperature outside is starting to fall as the seasons begin turning to winter. This is forcing us to play more indoors, so papa brought in our slide and put it in the family room. Since that time, Izzie and I have formed this sisterly-sliding bond. While she still takes too long climbing up the stairs or sliding down the other side, we have discovered a common love for sliding in ways that cause our parents to prematurely age. For Izzie, she scares them by just sliding by herself when they’re not looking and I’ve developed a passion for sliding down headfirst or jumping from the top. Being a big sister can be a pain still, but I’m no longer convinced that we need to exchange Izzie in fact I’m starting to like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home