Elle and Belle's Excellent Adventures (... and Izzie's too)

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine’s Day to me! Happy Valentine’s Day to me! I love these holidays even though I don’t really grasp the origin or the concept behind them. All I know is this morning, I got a big hug and kiss and was asked by maman and papa if I would be their Valentine. So I said what any self-respecting one-year-old would say, “Of course, but it will cost you.”
So this morning, I decided it was completely within my rights as a Valentine to vociferously announce my comings and goings between the kitchen and playroom, bang the cabinets that I shuffled last night, tug on Belle’s fur and wake up Gribouille multiple times. It is very important for any Valentine to enthusiastically entrench their role early in the day, so no one is under any false impressions of who really is the Valentine.
I expect the evening to bring about more Valentine-related events. I barely recollect what happened last year, considering I had been home from the hospital for less than a month. Therefore, I have come to the conclusion that I probably didn’t take full advantage of being a Valentine last year so I’m really going to ratchet up my demands in 2006.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home